The Miami Marlins are looking to improve their team at the trade deadline, and they have a number of targets in mind. Some of the top names on their list include:
- Salvador Perez, C, Kansas City Royals: Perez is one of the best catchers in baseball, and he would give the Marlins a major upgrade at the position. He is a two-time All-Star and a World Series champion, and he is still producing at a high level at age 33.
- Ryan Noda, 1B, Oakland Athletics: Noda is a young first baseman with power and on-base skills. He has hit 20 home runs and driven in 60 runs this season, and he is still under team control for several more years.
- Shane Bieber, SP, Cleveland Guardians: Bieber is a Cy Young Award winner who is still in his prime. He would give the Marlins a major boost to their starting rotation.
- Lucas Giolito, SP, Chicago White Sox: Giolito is another All-Star pitcher who is still under team control. He has a 3.79 ERA this season, and he is a good fit for the Marlins’ pitching staff.
- Scott Barlow, RP, Kansas City Royals: Barlow is one of the best relief pitchers in baseball, and he would give the Marlins a major upgrade in the bullpen. He has a 1.69 ERA this season, and he is a good fit for the Marlins’ pitching staff.
The Marlins are also reportedly interested in other players, such as Cody Bellinger, Dylan Carlson, and Paul DeJong. However, the specific players that the Marlins acquire will depend on what is available and what they are willing to give up.
The trade deadline is on August 2, so the Marlins will need to act quickly if they want to acquire any of their top targets.