The Atlanta Braves rallied for four runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to defeat the Miami Marlins 6-4 on Wednesday night at Truist Park.
The Braves trailed 4-2 entering the eighth inning, but they scored four runs on four hits and a walk to take the lead. Matt Olson hit a two-run homer to tie the game, and Ronald Acuña Jr. followed with a two-run single to give the Braves the lead.
The Braves bullpen held on in the ninth inning to secure the victory. Will Smith pitched a scoreless ninth inning to earn his second save of the season.
The Braves starter, Bryce Elder, allowed four runs on five hits and three walks over six innings. He struck out four.
The Marlins starter, Sandy Alcantara, allowed two runs on four hits and three walks over five innings. He struck out six.
The Braves improved to 17-8 on the season, while the Marlins fell to 12-13.
Here are some other highlights from the game:
- Olson’s home run was his second of the season.
- Acuña Jr.’s single was his seventh RBI of the season.
- Smith’s save was his second of the season.
- The Braves won their third straight game.
- The Marlins lost their fourth straight game.