The Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Miami Marlins 15-3 on Tuesday night at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies scored nine runs in the fifth inning to break the game open.
Nick Castellanos had a big night for the Phillies, going 4-for-5 with two home runs and five RBIs. Bryce Harper added two hits and two RBIs, and J.T. Realmuto had two hits and three RBIs.
The Phillies’ pitching staff was also dominant, allowing just three runs on six hits. Aaron Nola started the game and went five innings, allowing one run on three hits. He struck out eight and walked one.
The Marlins’ offense was held in check by the Phillies’ pitching staff. Garrett Cooper had two hits for the Marlins, and Jazz Chisholm Jr. had a solo home run.
The Phillies improved to 3-1 on the season, while the Marlins fell to 1-3.
Here are some other highlights from the game:
- The Phillies’ nine-run fifth inning was their biggest inning of the season.
- Castellanos’ two home runs were his first of the season.
- Harper’s two hits and two RBIs were his first multi-hit game of the season.
- Realmuto’s two hits and three RBIs were his first multi-RBI game of the season.
- Nola’s five strikeouts were his most in a game since July 2021.
- Chisholm Jr.’s solo home run was his first of the season.
The Phillies will continue their homestand on Tuesday night when they host the Marlins again.