The Miami Heat defeated the Orlando Magic 123-110 on April 9, 2023, at the Miami-Dade Arena. The Heat were led by Jimmy Butler, who scored 29 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Bam Adebayo added 20 points and 12 rebounds, while Tyler Herro scored 22 points. The Magic were led by Franz Wagner, who scored 25 points. Wendell Carter Jr. added 22 points and 12 rebounds, while Cole Anthony scored 19 points.
The Heat got off to a quick start, leading 33-23 after the first quarter. The Magic fought back in the second quarter, cutting the Heat’s lead to 59-56 at halftime. The Heat took control of the game in the third quarter, outscoring the Magic 34-23. The Magic made a run in the fourth quarter, but the Heat held on for the win.
The Heat shot 50.6% from the field, while the Magic shot 45.5%. The Heat also outrebounded the Magic 47-37. The Heat improved to 43-38 on the season, while the Magic fell to 22-58.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The Heat’s 123 points were their most in a game since scoring 124 against the Detroit Pistons on January 28, 2023.
- The Heat’s 50.6% shooting from the field was their best in a game since shooting 51.2% against the Charlotte Hornets on January 25, 2023.
- The Heat’s 47 rebounds were their most in a game since grabbing 50 against the Washington Wizards on January 22, 2023.
- The Magic’s 22-point loss was their largest of the season.
- The Magic’s 45.5% shooting from the field was their second-lowest of the season.
- The Magic’s 37 rebounds were their second-lowest of the season.
The Heat will next play on April 11 against the Atlanta Hawks. The Magic will next play on April 12 against the Brooklyn Nets.